Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is the “Heavytrucksforum” active, or dead??

mowingman ยท 2015-02-28 13:05

I have tied to get on the Heavy Trucks Forum for months, with no luck. I am signed, but have never been allowed to post or view attachments. A private message to the forum chief honcho went unanswered. s that forum dead, or is it active. I do see a few new posts every now and then, but I can not participate for some reason. Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1digger242j2015-02-28 17:45

    It's not as active as we'd like to see it, certainly, but it is active. I just checked there, and if you're using the same name over there as you are here, you were shown as "awaiting email confirmation". That would prevent you from posting. I promoted you to "registered member", so you should be good to go. I'll PM you with the email address you registered with over there, so you can confirm that it's the correct one. Go make some posts!

  2. #2markmc602015-04-03 11:15

    Digger I had the same problem, I did register there with the same name, posted, but I never got an email confirmation. I would assume I am good to go, being a newbie I really like that forum

  3. #3digger242j2015-04-03 13:20

    You're there, and yes, it was the same problem, you were "awaiting email confirmation." I took care of it and you're good to go now. BTW, to anybody else reading this, if you have a truck question you'd like to discuss, I'd encourage you to go sign up there and post it there as well as here. While both forums will have some members in common, there are going to be some over there whose primary interest is in trucks, rather than heavy equipment, and you may find some answers and opinions there that you won't find here. (And the more content there is there, the happier the search engines will be to point it out to other potential members, and that's what will grow the site into somewhere as useful as HEF...)

  4. #4markmc602015-04-03 14:57

    my thanks again, these forums help me a great deal, I have a deal for older tractors, dozers, back hoes and such, and have just recently bought another dump truck(from the Vietnam veterans museum) and I am having a blast getting it rollin, well, thanks again