Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is there a default password for the in cab moniter on Cat 320D?

glennmackenzie ยท 2014-11-03 03:26

I purchased a Cat 320DFM second hand and the previous owner doesn't know what the password is for the in cab monitor. Is there a default password that will let me in to the basic functions of the monitor? And can I somehow reset the 'lost' password?

Replies14
  1. #1Landclearer2014-11-03 05:46

    I think it might be 0001 or 0000. I will be on our 320 today and will try it.

  2. #2digger_hunter2014-11-03 10:09

    Hey Land clearer, the initial password is "0001" and the service password is "FFF2" try one of those. Hope it helps!

  3. #3glennmackenzie2014-11-04 03:56

    Thankyou!

  4. #4lminter2402020-03-07 09:42

    I have same problem with 329E, I buy this machine in auction , can take the old password, some guy know about, Also I need reset light Alarm at monitor said REGEN LOCKOUT, my mechanic replaced DPF, HEAD CHAMBER, and ALL sensors but still codes ON, and engine Die every 30 seconds Thank you for your time

  5. #5BigWrench552020-03-07 10:20

    You will need cat ET to reset the ash and soot load. The ecm doesn't know that you replaced all those parts until you tell it.

  6. #6Nige2020-03-07 10:52

    Let me add to that. It will require the Dealer version of ET to do the reset, because that is the only one that has the facility to reset the REGEN LOCKOUT. Customer versions of ET do not have that menu.

  7. #7Nwufor2024-01-31 08:39

    What about 320D-E...password is forgotten...

  8. #8Nige2024-01-31 10:49

    No such thing as a 320D-E as far as I know. How about a Serial Number.?

  9. #9Nwufor2024-01-31 12:13
  10. #10Nwufor2024-01-31 12:14

    I took pictures of other alarm stuffs installed

  11. #11Nwufor2024-01-31 12:16

    The monitor password is unknown...how do I know the password or how do I reset it

  12. #12Nige2024-01-31 12:22

    Is the ignition key that came with the excavator (standard) black or yellow.?

  13. #13Nwufor2024-01-31 14:48

    Black with yellow cat logo printing

  14. #14heymccall2024-01-31 15:27

    On ours, if it's alphanumeric, then "FFF2". If it's numerals only, then "9992", IIRC.