The pump froze on my JD 310a and it cracked the crank pulley. The key did not give way and it bunged up the key way. The pulley was replaced ,but is there a way to repair the key way to hold the pulley and let the pulley slip on? Thanks Nick
If it isn't too bad, you might get away with cutting it for a wider key, would have to have the new pulley broached out wider as well. Pictures?
I thought about that but would I have to remove the crank? I wlii try to send pictures.
It might be worth a try & I've SEEN IT WORK.. Fill the keyway w/ JB weld & put A NEW key in, install the pulley & give a couple of days to cure.. Make sure the pulley slot is smooth & no burrs.. Good luck..
There are some epoxies that are recommended for repairing keyways, splines, etc. Belzona if you can find it and Devcon and Loctite have something. http://www.devcon.com/UserFiles/File/MetalFilled_User_Guide.pdf http://loctite.ph/php/content_data/LT4680.pdf