Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is there any type of “part time” insurance?

nilzlofgren ยท 2011-02-01 18:44

I've had my backhoe for about 13 years now, doing work on the family ranch. I also have a full time job, but would like to work the backhoe on the weekends. Question is, Are there any type of part time insurance policies out there? For example, If I get a job on a given weekend, I could then call my broker, and have insurance from like 12:01 am Saturday, to 12:01 am Monday.

Replies4
  1. #1Copenhagen2011-02-17 13:46

    Ask your broker if he can add an "on any basis" policy for excavating.

  2. #2filling machine2011-02-19 03:53

    Sorry, I don't know such kind of insurance.

  3. #3BLconst2011-03-09 01:23

    my experience is that general liability insurance is based on Gross sales and payroll. you have no payroll as owner operator and little sales as part timer. Then they get you with a minimum premium. Out west, minimum premium was about 3000 a year, depending on what contractors license you have. I dont think you can get a policy that will cover you at specific times and dates. hope it helps.

  4. #47.3stroker2011-03-15 00:00

    What "blconst" its the same way around here