Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is there bucket cross compatibility info compiled anywhere?

eKretz ยท 2024-02-12 11:16

Looking for a bucket or two for my old Ford 555D and was just curious if any from other machines are compatible or if there's any kind of cross reference available anywhere. I've googled but have found purely ****-all on the subject. I can modify and cut and weld new mounts if necessary but really would prefer not to if something else will just pop on with a couple spacers to comp for a wider ear width or something. I'd like to get a 36" bucket for the hoe, already have an 18"er. And sure would like to find a 4-way for the front. Here's are the tape measure (approximate) dimensions for the buckets on the machine.

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2024-02-12 11:20

    This chart showed up years ago, on here.

  2. #2heymccall2024-02-12 11:23

    As did this one.

  3. #3eKretz2024-02-12 11:41

    Awesome; thank you kindly for the charts.

  4. #4Tinkerer2024-02-12 12:23

    It was really weird. An identical post appeared at the same time. I edited it out to this one.

  5. #5Tinkerer2024-02-12 12:23

    Not a cross reference , but I didn't notice if you want a new one or an old one. Used ones may have unseen cracks in them, until it is delivered to you. I didn't have any problem finding one. There are other vendors that make them to. Ford New Holland Backhoe 36" Bucket -- Enhance the performance of your Ford New Holland backhoe with our durable 36-inch bucket. Made in the USA, this non-OEM bucket fits multiple models and features a 1 3/4-inch pin for easy installation. www.brokentractor.com

  6. #6eKretz2024-02-12 16:03

    Yeah, I was hoping to find something local to avoid shipping and get a good price on something that might be lying around gathering dust and rust. My machine is just a yard hoe so it doesn't pay any of its own bills. Hence the possible cross compatibility thoughts. Interesting that the one listed at broken tractor has different distance between pins than mine.