Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is this a good excavator?

The Big Dig ยท 2009-06-04 17:39

Just got a call regarding a JCB - JS220L excavator for sale - 2001. What is the opinion of you guys on this excavator. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1SterlingR2009-06-04 19:32

    Who's the dealer for them in the area?

  2. #2JCBgm2009-06-04 20:49

    Big Dig, PM me a S/N and we'll get you the machine history. The JS machines are Sumitomo designs. Nearly identical to the same vintage Link-Belt and Case machines. Burco undercarriage, Isuzu powered, common stuff.

  3. #3plantman.uk2009-11-10 05:17

    don't buy it mate....pieces of junk they leak all over slow. noisey. uncomfortable to operate. I spent seat time on most of the range and never enjoyed any of them.

  4. #4Young Chaz2009-11-10 12:31

    Yeah I second that Plantman, The JS range look good but I consider them a 'soft' machine not built to last.