Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ism Px-9 code

theironoracle ยท 2016-07-06 09:52
Replies7
  1. #1theironoracle2016-07-06 09:54

    This popped up on my dash the other day for the first time. What now? Is there a filter in the system? Injector nozzle to clean? Didn't find anything in the owners manual and after leaving a message with tech support at the dealer no return phone call. Thanks, TIO

  2. #2walkerv2016-07-06 10:28

    there is a def filter in the system,, but that appears to be a fualt with the def system itself . I will do some looking

  3. #3walkerv2016-07-06 10:41

    I am going to assume That the check engine light came on with the warning message? I am not having much luck at the moment finding anything on this error message It will probably require getting hooked up to a laptop or other diagnostic device . I will ask our other shop that has some px-9 engines in petes and freightliners

  4. #4walkerv2016-07-06 10:48
  5. #5walkerv2016-07-06 10:51

    i suppose I could zoomed that in a bit , it says fill tank or seek services now. I do believe that warning light starts to come on at 10% fluid level not sure if your just low or not

  6. #6theironoracle2016-07-06 11:20

    Check engine light has been on for a year it's a faulty sensor causing no drivability problems. I ordered it once and it never showed up. I have cleared the code but it comes back in a weeks time. I actually dropped it off at the dealer to have it repaired and after 4 days went to pick it up to go back to work with it and they had only worked on it for an hour and fixed nothing! I scheduled the appointment 4 days ahead of time and somehow it didn't make it on their schedule so then I was at the mercy of them to fit it in? I realize these shops are super busy as am I but when they drop the ball I would have thought they could have made a better effort to get it fixed! Now off my soap box and back to the problem at hand. This scr/def code comes and goes after idling long periods then if it sits over the weekend it goes away until the next long idle period (long, like hours running crane and compressor). It first came on after running def tank super low then filling up full, I will look for the filter and refill the tank....thanks for all your support.....TIO

  7. #7DK882016-07-06 20:16

    if the first time it came on when def tank was low it could of done one of 2 things, been a warning to derate as you got below i think its 15% so it warns and at 10% it starts to derate, or it could be a quality issue being so low. ive seen this happen a few times on small 6.7 i think they were.