Trying to find oil for the brake system in a JCB 214 Sitemaster Series II. My operators manual says use ISO VG15. I was told by our Chevron dist. that that was the weight, and they didn't know what additives were in it. Does anyone know what oil I need? Thanks in advance, Terry
I'm not sure about your particular model, but I've worked on several of the 214 series that use a very light mineral oil in the brake system. DO NOT USE BRAKE FLUID if mineral oil is the spec. JCB has a light viscosity oil, it's like a 15W. They sell it by the gallon I believe. Yes, it is a little expensive. But it's worth it to have proper operating brakes. If you use any oil that's heavier, you will experience problems in brake response and operation of the master cylinders. Any JCB dealer will have this oil.
Thank you, I'll order some tomorrow. Terry