Anyone know where I can plug a tacho cable into in a 4bd1t engine? The altenator doesn't have this function for it. I was hoping maybe there was a sender unit I could buy and plug into the 4bd1t engine somewhere to read revs and hours
I would probably put a magnetic pickup on the flywheel ring gear. I think that is a thing for tachs, not really sure, never had to retrofit one but I have drilled and tapped bellhousings for MPU for other purposes.
I know when i put a 12v into one of my pickup trucks i put a tach off a magnetic pickup on the crank. I wonder if one of those would work on there.
There is a genuine Isuzu tacho pickup that screws into the underside of the injection pump and which sensor mates with a genuine Isuzu tacho. The tacho sensor P/No is 8944402810, and the genuine Isuzu tacho P/No is 8972403710. Tachometer Sensor 8944402810 8-94440281-0 Isuzu 6BD1 6BG1 4BD1 4BG1 - For ISUZU FVR FTR FSR - FOR ISUZU PARTS - BOSKET INDUSTRIAL LTD Tachometer Sensor 8944402810 8-94440281-0 Isuzu 6BD1 6BG1 4BD1 4BG1 www.okisuzu.com I'm not sure how available the new genuine Isuzu tacho is, it was fitted to the Isuzu trucks of the 1980's and 1990's, and also some Isuzu industrial power units. You could always try the people parting out older Isuzu trucks, but I don't know if there would be many in your neck of the woods? eBay could be worth a try.
So from the part numbers you gave the sensor seems available to buy from new but the tacho isn't showing up. Do I need that specific tacho or is there an alternative way around it?
As I understand it, the sensor and tacho are matched - but I have little technical info on the Isuzu tacho model. Sorry I can't be any more help, but this stuff is getting old now, the 4BD1 first appeared in the late 1970's and was essentially obsolete by the late 1980's/early 1990's.