I have an Isuzu NPK truck that had a head gasket leak. We pulled the head and one piston (the cylinder that blew the gasket) has the edge of the combustion chamber in the piston looking like it burned off. It is very noticeable. Another cylinder seems to have a bent conrod. The burned piston is burned evenly around the whole way.The injectors are the same height. Can this engine be inframed? Someone told me that it needs to come out.
What size engine do you have? Would it be cheaper/easier to find a rebuild and replace? Sorry to read this, I have an NPR and IMO it's one of the best trucks on the road, very dependable and a work horse.
Dont know the size. RJS 4HK1 on the body tag. More fun, dropped the pan and i found gold (brass pieces) looks to be some kind of thrust washer. about 1.25 outside diameter with probly four tabs around the outside to keep it from spinning. I only have about one fourth of it in my hand and cant see where it came from. This engine is supposed to have less than two years on the longblock.
Bummer, but that's the way it goes, that's why I thought it might be easier and cheaper with a rebuilt engine(??) Find out your size and check ebay, craigs list, etc.... There are also a decent amount of Isuzu parts dealers kickin around. If I get some time later I'll try and find who I have used in the past.