I’ll try to keep the backstory short… 2013 build year Isuzu motor lost a bottom end bearing and the oil analysis confirmed the failure. A used motor and transmission was found, it’s from the same year as the truck. I swapped the used engine and mated transmission into the truck. Turned the key and it runs!! Smooth and no smoke. Here are my questions… -Is there a learn procedure for the engine or transmission? The trucks original computers stayed. I remember reading years ago that the def generations trucks require the serial numbers of the fuel injectors to be coded to the ecu in the event they are replaced. I have the Isuzu laptop and software. -the transmission? Think it has any learn procedures? It’s the Aisin 6 speed with SCS fluid. -anything else I should be doing before stage 2 of upfitting this truck?
In case someone search’s this in the future. You will need the Isuzu IDSS software, computer and cables. -Each injector has a flow rate number. The numbers need to be taken directly off the injectors or if you’re lucky, the tag with all 4 injector is still on the valve cover. -There is an engine serial number, I don’t think this changes anything besides identifying the engine for future uses. -Throttle position sensor learn procedure. In my recent swap: -Filling and bleeding the air from the power steering takes a little time. -Filling and bleeding the cooling system. -The turbo’s variable vane system was frozen. Required taking the turbo off, taking the 8 bolts off the exhaust cover and freeing up the shaft that is motivated by the electrical motor. Things move smoothly now. -Check all your grounds. These trucks suffer from crusty ground connections. -I highly recommend taking the transmission pan off while you don’t have to crawl under the truck. The Aisin bolts are super weak and snap. Be prepared for an adventure of busted holy extraction. New filter, new gasket and get new hardware and carefully torque it. *** use the correct transmission fluid.