check this thing out i think its cool looking. oh and what is it?
I don't know what it's called but I'm 99% sure it was built by LeTourneau.
That's a log stacker built by Wagner. LeTourneau builds a similar machine, but it has a forklift style mast instead of the boom style on the Wagners Brian
A couple more pictures of the Log Stacker. And here's another cool machine Wagner makes, called a Steel Handler.
Wouldnt be too hard to grab the trailer by accident with that beast
Wagner Chip Dozer These guys build all kinds of stuff...
I'll have to look bac a few years but I have some photos of Wagners handling containers down at the Port. I looked at a bunch a few years ago down in the Portland area. They were 20 years old then and two of the machines were broke in half from all the working stresses they had been subjected to. The first photo of the thread is a 4-120. It was rated at 120,000 pound lift capacity and was four wheel drive. Most of what I worked on were L90 and L490 machines in the logging industry. We also had quite a few chip dozers in this area. I looked at one a couple of years ago for some people in Alaska but haven't seen one since. Good thread.
Here's a link to Allied's Wagner line, the manufacturer of the Wagner "Lumberjack" log stacker and the chip dozer. http://www.alliedsystems.com/wagner/wagner.htm There's quite a few of the Wagner "gobblers" still working (and sitting around) in mill log yards in the PNW.
this stuff is amazing! keep it coming!
if any of you are interested in these wagners ect check out qm4life2008 on youtube there are plenty of wagner and log loader vids
That's a Wagner L4-120, which designates Lumberjack series, 4 wheel drive, 120,000 pounds lift capacity. Very common in BC logyards, has a Cat 525 HP engine, automatic tranny, full hydraulic lift system. Exceptionally easy machine to operate and the visibility is much better than you might expect from the photos. A good operator can thread the forks under a load with less than 2" clearance. You can unload a truck in less than 2 minutes from start to finish with one of these and deck the logs over 25 feet high.
It's not often that you see a Kenworth scared.
L190 L190s at GP mill in Texas
Here's a few pictures of one I found in Radium Hot Springs a few winters ago... This was their spare machine. One of the guys at the mill told me that they were constantly changing the back tires on this machine as it would often come up off the ground and then when the operator went to turn it would get dragged along sideways and torn up...
Bill, How much counterweight and where is it on that thing. No hump on back like a forlift, must be build in the chassis? RJ
I used to work for a company that had one. The things are just extremely heavy, and long, with many of the heaviest components mounted toward the rear. It's been 20-some years, but I think it weighed over 100,000 lbs.
In 2000 when I got out of machinist school I worked for Hydraulic Analysis/ Geartek that made the hydraulic pumps for Wagner chip dozers and skidders.