http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7593803/ Photos: http://www.wral.com/news/local/image_gallery/7593985/
I been stuck on some railroad tracks before. Its the definition of NOT FUN! on the upside i never knew how fast i could take a part the leveling arm on the ride height adjustment.
I've done that. . .Thank God I only carry a trackhoe; shoved myself right off.
whew!!! at least it was only a CAT excavator...been a shame to have lost a case or a deere.
Good one!!
The "powers that be" are considering a switch from Cat to Case for my next machine. How do the 20 ton units compare? I love my 320D. . . Oh, and, Threadjack. . .
we love our 210 case, also have a 210 hyundai...the case is a real hot rod, great machine.
I seen the pics with the locomotive on the low boy.Bet he has a hard time hauling it side loaded like that.
good one the other day boss calls and says i need a road closed sign hauled out and put up on a road. Me Ok what road do you need it on. He says well its not technically our road but the commissioners want one there. Ok so i drive out there and the state has a bridge shut down signs everywhere probably ten or so with two tow behind light up bill boards saying bridge closed use detour. signs posted both sides of the bridge for a few miles back. we get close and see a train great thats where we need to put the sign and hes blocking it. Get closer and he is uncoupled to not block the intersection. ok walk up find the boss and he is talking with a forman for the bridge job look over and there is a prax air semi tanker stuck on the tracks. That sucks i say to a guy with me get the sign go to put it up and look again. Both tandems are completely off the ground and i was about 200 yrds from him and could planely see day light under them. The intersection he tried to go up was a levee and had about a 30ft approach and the levee is about 15 ft or so high and flat on the other side. He was jamming some gears when he hit it.
There is a deture here off US59 to go around a low overpass.Bad part.South bound has to re enter US59 with a R/R crossing with a hump.There is no way to stop where you can see traffic with out sitting on the tracks.One day it will happen.
The boss likes to pick the quickest rout to get me to a job site and doesn't seem to think about what I'm driving. Earlier this week I had the diff lock in and was giving her hell she slid over the tracks but not by much. Since I'm a green lowboy driver I was more then a little nervous.
We had a derailment here a few years back, the RR blamed it on a lobed knocking the rails out of line. I never did hear the outcome though
i know that on a folding nesk low boy with locks.All ways leave the neck unlocked when crossing humps.
Thanks for the tip
This only works on the old folding neck.When you hit a hump unlocked it lets the truck stay on the pavement.When locked it will lift the tandems up then you lose traction.