I cleaned my grease box:jawdrop:throwup I have a small plastic tool box where I keep my grease gun in the truck for the Lulls which seem to have a million fittings. I was putting it off for many months!:spaz You know grease everywhere mixed with loose grease fittings, funnels, taps, drill bits, extractors, pipes contraptions I made to fill the planataries, old grease caps, pliers, gloves, and yes hand cleaner. What pushed me over the edge was the grease gun I had a John Deere finally broke, after many years of service. The threads on the barrel would not hold anymore and were worn. Best gun ever as it was always easy to load and work right away. I had a new one I bought at the same time 15-20+++ years ago. I could not put it into the grease hole from hell! Bought an 18" whip for it also just a bit longer than what I had. It made a big difference in ease of greasing the machine. I had an electric Lincoln which worked great but fell from the tire and broke After spending 220 for it they said the parts cost more than the gun is worth So it would probably happen to me again so I am back to my muscles:duh I was thinking of getting a sears air powered grease gun to use in the yard or on the job if a small tank compressor would run it. I have one I can grab with one hand but not sure if would run it. Guess I'll try it if not I can use it in my yard. So what do you guys have for a grease box and how bad is it? End of my rant. :woohoo
I use the Alemite grease pumps hooked to an air compressor with Reelcraft reels. This pump is similiar to what I have - http://www.ajfittings.com/images/grease pumps/8540_A1.jpg and http://www.avnitec.co.il/image-reelcraft.jpg You have to get the special high pressure grease line for the Reelcraft, expensive but worth every penny. I have the grease pump hooked up to an IR, Honda gas powered, air compressor on the main service truck. At one time I had the same setup on a smaller truck that got it's air from a Dewalt portable gas powered air compressor mounted on the truck. Set up on a Ford 450, 12' flat. I have since sold the truck but kept the gear. The air reel is in the picture, the grease reel was on the passenger side. (If you look there is the rare "Southern snow" still on the ground in the background, on the right by the house ) Made a mounting bracket to go over the L tank.
I would think a small pancake compressor would run a air greaser, they dont use much air.