Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

It28f no powe to dash and no movement

4digger · 2020-06-19 09:02

Hello. We have a cat it28f loader. Loader was moving fine then all of a sudden the there was not power to the dash and no movement in the transmission. Now the loader starts fine but no power to the dash. I’m assuming the I lost power to the ecm. I’m hoping somebody can give me some hint as to where to look or what to check. Thanks in advance.

Replies22
  1. #1kshansen2020-06-19 09:53

    A serial number might get you a wiring diagram so you could at least have a road map to follow where the power starts and where it stops. As it starts at least that would seem to indicate the disconnect switch and some of the wiring is functional.

  2. #2Art.Van.Delay2024-03-21 17:05

    Any update on this? I have the same exact scenario going on. No forward or reverse and no dash lights.

  3. #3Nige2024-03-21 17:10

    4 years later and no reply from the OP. If you want an electrical schematic the first thing you have to provide is a Serial Number in order to identify the correct one.

  4. #4Mobiltech2024-03-21 18:01

    When you get the schematic look for the main cab relay. It is responsible for cab supply power. It is energized by the key switch.

  5. #5Thomas Brooks2025-08-18 17:24

    I realize this is an old post but did anyone on this thread figure out their issue before I start digging? Same exact issue with my it18f. Thank you

  6. #64digger2025-08-18 17:42

    It’s was the power box in in the engine compartment. Connections were green molded.

  7. #7Nige2025-08-18 18:40

    If you would like an electrical schematic for your machine then please post a serial number.

  8. #8Thomas Brooks2025-08-19 15:52

    I'll have to get the serial number once I get to the machine. Thank you!

  9. #9Thomas Brooks2025-08-19 15:54

    Thank you sir. I'm trying to remember before the engine compartment of the top of my head. I'll be going to the site its at tomorrow to start fixing hopefully. Do you mean the box with a few fuses in it on the passenger side by the engine? Or do you recall the location at all? Thank you very much for any help. Just trying to be prepared before I get there. Thank you!

  10. #10Nige2025-08-19 16:01

    The options are either 5EJxxxxx or 6ZFxxxxx. Actually when I checked just now they both use the same electrical schematic. Check your message inbox.

  11. #11rzrpror2025-12-04 18:55

    hello I have an IT18F with no dash and no back and forth issue when its cold out it does start and once it runs for a while the dash will get power and the loader moves this winter we now have no start,dash nothing there is power to the key switch could we get a drawing PDF please and perhaps the location of the power box that was green

  12. #12rzrpror2025-12-04 18:57

    hello is this power box the one to the front and right of the motor with the small door with the fuses in it? before I start tearing apart this loader in the freezing cold....could you direct me please

  13. #13Nige2025-12-04 19:45

    Welcome to the forum. Can you start by posting a machine Serial Number please. Until we know exactly what you have it makes it hard to offer advice.

  14. #14rzrpror2025-12-04 19:50

    thanks i will be back at the loader tomorrow

  15. #15rzrpror2025-12-05 09:18

    good morning serial # 97z00604 6rx00521 the plate is very beat up I hope this is correct

  16. #16rzrpror2025-12-05 09:22

    sorry fingers are faster then my brain looked on internet serial # is 6rx00521

  17. #17rzrpror2025-12-05 09:25

    oh my lord your going to kick me out on my first day.......mach ser# 97z00604 engine ser # 6rx00521

  18. #18HarleyHappy2025-12-05 09:57

    It’s cold out, called brain freeze. lol

  19. #19Nige2025-12-05 14:10

    The two numbers you gave are the engine and the transmission Serial Numbers, but no matter. The machine S/N will either start with 5EJ or 6ZF. Either way both models use the same electrical schematic, so check your message inbox. I'm going to be a bit tied up today but if you have any questions hopefully someone else can assist.

  20. #20Simon C2025-12-06 00:38

    Nige sent me your schematic also. Need to check a few things that I saw on schematic. 1- On right side of machine is Fuse box with resettable breakers, next to rear right tire. Think it has a door. Check all the breakers inside to see if there is power. 2- Should be a Main Relay in that box that outputs a Purple #6 Cable up to a fuse panel with whole lot of fuses and Heater fan blower breaker. The fuses are on the right side of machine below the operators right side window with I believe a hinge door access. Check all these fuses and, if first of all there is power from a large purple 6 gauge wire feeding it all. If no power there, then go back to main relay box by right rear tire and check if it is outputting there. 3- There are a couple connectors on this large purple wire going up to the fuse panel below operator. If one of these is burn't, which I have seen, then repair. 4- Start with these things and let us know what you find. Simon C

  21. #21Simon C2025-12-06 10:10

    Should of posted that first place to check is your battery box in case something is faulty with battery cables or ground to frame. There is also a ground strap from the cab to lower frame that needs to be clean and verified. In the steering wheel dash there is also quite a few ground connections. If your battery connections are the lead soldered type they need to be load tested as some burn off internally. Have found a few times in my life. Any questions fire away. Simon C

  22. #22Simon C2025-12-18 18:29

    Did you get to checking out any of this harness and breakers. Have not heard back anything on your problem. Any questions fire away. Simon C