Is one any better than the other. Looking to redo the bottom on my D41P-6. Thanks
I don't guess my opinion really matters as I am not familiar with V track. But I am running ITR on 2 machines now and they seem to due ok. Are the warranty the same ? Also which seller seems like they will help with warranty issues. One question , how wide are the pads on the 41P? Can you use a narrower pad , just say if it has 26" go to a 24". If you can this will help the life of the rail.
Hey southernman13. We do a lot in the aftermarket undercarriage industry. I haven't heard anything terrible on either (you know, unless you're talking with one company about the other). The warranty coverage should be identical on both manufacturers. If you would like, I can offer some words of wisdom regarding warranty claims, but I would prefer to not post that information to the public. I don't want it to seem like I'm bashing/preferring either. The only thing I would ask is whether each company's links are interchangeable with an OEM link (in case of breakage). Sometimes the replacement links are hard to come by and it's nice to have a backup option from an OE if needed. If you have any questions, shoot me a PM. I can also offer a quote to see if it would save you any money through a distributor. Thanks, Amanda
both brands are bad. It is better to look for other options. Maybe on small machines they work
So what would you suggest as far as brands go. Thanks
I would choose Berco (the best after the original), or ITM (quality has fallen also, China, but is better, than ITR or V-track). This subject has been touched here
I do a lot of aftermarket undercarriage - large and small. I have used ITR, Berco, and DCF. For certain size machines, we only suggest certain manufacturers - D11R/T for example. To say that both brands are "bad" is a poor statement. It is simply not the case. A D41 is a small machine, which would be perfectly fine to run aftermarket undercarriage. We lean towards certain manufacturers because of our relationship with them and the fact that they stand behind their warranty. It is best to go through a distributor when working with an aftermarket undercarriage manufacturer because if an issue were to arise, it is easier to get resolved through a distributor that does a tremendous amount of volume instead of one end user. My "bread and butter" is D8-D11 sized machines. We work on them daily. There are quality aftermarket options on every machine. The key is to seek advice from someone that is familiar with undercarriage and all sizes of machines.
The difference in service life undercarriage. Chinesetrack rollers will work, but not for long. They have low wear resistance. I explain why. Chinese undercarriage made of manganese steel. Casting method. Brand products from steel containing manganese, molybdenum, vanadium and boron. From forging. Miracles do not happen all the difference in cost is due to the presence of these elements. You pay for quality.
Makes sense. Is that just rollers or all componets. I should see about rebuilding what I have but in not sure what's on there now.
I'm also interested as I'm ready to replace the undercarriage on my D41P-6. I got quoted $3750 for rails, sprockets and bolts. My pads are great. I have decided to replace all of the rollers as well so that will cost more. I will see what the brand is and reply back as soon as I can.
I wrote about the roller material. Seals, floating seals are normal on the Chinese rollers. If you are thinking about rebuilding, it is best to go through, to replace the bronze (or bimetall) of the sleeve, weld treadmill (I do not know how it would be correct in English) electrodes Sormite (Russian electrodes, also has an analogue in USA, the name I do not know. Hardness 50HRC )
We are waiting for information from you
$6075 for SALT rails, sprockets, top and bottom rollers, and bolts. Trek brand. My D65 has that brand of rails and they seem to be holding up very well.
My neighbor sells undercarriage which doesn't make me an expert , but he says most all aftermarket is made in China. He advised me that the difference is in the depth of the hardening on the shell of the roller and idlers. He sells ITR , Trek and Original komatsu. He did say that dcf was bottom of the barrel. Berco makes good parts , but pricing is comparable to heavy duty CAT. I have been using ITR and its working ok. My big advantage is I buy it from my neighbor , so warranty claims aren't an issue. He puts a garden on my land so if I don't get my warranty covered I'll doze his garden.
What is the warranty period? What you used bulldozers?
DCF bought Trek because Trek had long established distribution so they are essentially the same company. Berco was more expensive than Cat for my 931B. It's really easy to knock a product you don't sell. Trek/DCF is what the JD dealer has as an aftermarket undercarriage. http://www.trekdirect.com/english/company/