Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

J Deere 690B low hydraulic pressure

steve931 ยท 2007-10-15 21:36

I am working on a old 690b track hoe,all I can get is 1000psi hyd. pressure everywhere I check,boom,swing,track motors,etc.I don't know if I am by passing oil or have a weak pump.Any help will be appreciated.Steve931 Thank,s:usa :usa

Replies5
  1. #1Legdoc2007-11-24 10:51

    Low pressure Wow, it's nice to be able to post! I have a 690A and have some service manuals if it wound help. I believe the 690A and 690B are very similar other than the undercarrage. Legdoc

  2. #2steve9312007-12-08 08:25

    690b It is nice to have this forum, I have told the owner to pull the hyd. pump so I can have it checked. I appreciate the offer on the manuals I will let you know. Steve931

  3. #3brusher2007-12-10 00:59

    Just a quick thought, if you are bypassing a lot of oil you may get rapid heat build up in the tank due to the leak

  4. #4steve9312008-01-27 21:13

    Thanks for the offer. Yes, this forum is nice to have. Sorry about being so long on this reply I had forgotten about this machine util the other day the owner called and ask if I would take another look at it (This time he said he would pay me) he wanted to try and sell it. Again thank's steve931

  5. #5steve9312008-01-27 21:17

    690 reply :usa:notworthy:usaThanks for the offer. Yes, this forum is nice to have. Sorry about being so long on this reply I had forgotten about this machine util the other day the owner called and ask if I would take another look at it (This time he said he would pay me) he wanted to try and sell it. Again thank's steve931