Do any of you know of a source of JCB parts diagrams? I see many places to buy parts, but nowhere to get part numbers. A little background, my recently retired heavy equipment mechanic brother is helping my recently widowed sister keep up her 85 stall horse farm. There is a 1980s vintage JCB backhoe. It says 1550B on the loader arms, and 1550B 4CN on the only tag. My brother called the JCB dealer, and in both places the parts man says there should be a serial number tag, there is only a couple of rivets. The parts man says 4CN is the model, not 1550B, but it is definitely not what Google says a 4CN is. I am reasonably sure it is not stolen, since it belonged to my recently deceased brother-in-law for about 25 yrs, and I know the prior owner. Basically, any help identifying it and getting parts info would be appreciated. My brother and I have both worked on many Ford, Case, Deere, and Cat backhoes, but this is the only JCB I know where to find within 50 miles.
Wow, I don't think I ever posted a thread with no replies before.
Hi Mitch, the UK web site has all the part numbers, you might need a VPN or something as it will probably try to throw you out, you are probably going to need to serial number though as there are 4 listings for the 1550B 2 in 2wd and 2 in 4wd with serial number dependant for each. so a little further digging shows serial number 0311000-0337000 and serial number 0337000-0399999 as 1988-1991 so logically pre 88 machines are the earlier serial numbers, you just need to figure if its 2 or 4 wheel drive and what year it was made, if you know the previous owner if he bought it new that could help maybe https://parts.jcb.com/tchjcb/parts/...IExPQURFUiAzQ1hfNENYXzVDWF8yMTRfMjE1XzIxNyJ9/
I don't have an answer for you, I spent some time working around the ole interwebs JCB defiantly has their parts locked down super tight. I guess their disposable ? That truly sucks, I take it for granted all my JD / Case part look up I do all the time.
Jcb jeff hasn't posted on HEF for quite a while. But if you send him a PM he may respond.
If I recall, the serial number might also be stamped into the frame between the front wheels and "door" to the cab. My 1550-B has 1550-B on the dipperstick and NOTHING on the loader arms nor bucket. (barely has paint so maybe something was there and has worn off) I've owned this 1550-B for 20'ish years. Been absolutely stone reliable other than wear items & seals in cylinders. I get parts from (if I recall their name) "Low Country JCB" and I think they are in/near Savannah. I'm sure you probably know the main hub where they're imported is in Savannah.