Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jaw Crusher work.

BLACKSMOKE ยท 2012-10-18 19:07

Hey guys, Have an Extec tracked crusher in UK and interested in the possibility of relocating to Tennessee. Interested in Nashville area, also Pigeon Forge area. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the work situation and the viability of shipping my baby crusher out Thanks guys. John.

Replies11
  1. #1CM19952012-10-18 19:44

    Welcome to the forums Blacksmoke!:drinkup Rather ambitious plan, I like it. However I don't have any insight in the crushing market other than that area does have an abundance of rock. Good luck!

  2. #2BLACKSMOKE2012-10-18 20:17

    Thankyou, great forum You have. Deffo seems plenty of rock there Having to get ambitious lol as getting a bit sick of paying $10 a gallon for gas ;(

  3. #3stumpjumper832012-10-18 20:21

    First thing that would concern me is if the crusher you have would pass msha inspection, second would be do you have a permited site to crush at?

  4. #4BLACKSMOKE2012-10-18 20:30

    Well am guessing it would pass as you have Extec models currently in the US. Late model machine so should be emissions compliant etc. Was looking at running a mobile service to crush on customers site, but also possibly looking at real estate, quarry or commercial zoned site. Thanks for the suggestions, all certainly need checking out.

  5. #5Lee-online2012-10-18 21:24

    Crushing isnt nothing new here and there are planty of outfits that do it. We rent mobil crushers that go to jobs. Most seem to be recycling concrete. We also send equipment overseas and it is a pain tp prep. The machine needs to be totally cleaned, all dirt and debris removed from bellpans, compartments etc. This will be inspected by customs. It may be more cost effective to sell and then buy when in country. I left England 20 years ago.

  6. #6grandpa2012-10-19 06:28

    would pass msha inspection Lol,,, there is no such thing. I've had machine's inspected by Msha, pass, and the next year a new inspector is on site and find something. You can't even buy a new machine with the words in the purchase agreement."MSHA" approved!!! No equipment manufacturer will go there.

  7. #7BLACKSMOKE2012-10-19 18:48

    Yeah I get where your coming from MSHA are similar to our Health & Safety Executive and Factories inspectors i would imagine Our rules seem to change, depending on the inspector lol. However I've found that its mostly possible to amend procedure and fit extra safety devices etc to accord with the current inspectors views & recommendations. Ok it means spending money but hell at least you get up & running. MSHA website makes for interesting reading - thanks

  8. #8stumpjumper832012-10-19 18:54

    what I mean is this, Is the machine designed for the us market? I understand that msha can fail anythign they want to cause of this or that but is the machine designed to be compliant in the us market

  9. #9BLACKSMOKE2012-10-19 18:56

    Nice to speak to someone with crushers. Yeah concrete recycling is a lot of what we do here, mostly stuff with rebar in Guessed that machine would need to be meticulously cleaned as customs would expect a completely dirt free machine, and rightly so. Not sure on the cost effectiveness issue as machines do seem a lot cheaper here. Shipping would probably add 5k though. Wow from England eh . So do you ever regret making the move? Every time I leave the US I seem to find it harder to get back on that plane lol.

  10. #10BLACKSMOKE2012-10-19 19:04

    I am currently waiting for an answer from Extec, but on checking yes it would appear to be designed to be marketed in the US. Engine is same model and US emissions complient. Salesman was selling machines for Terex Pegson and Extec for 5 years in US. Similar to MSHA here, we've bought brand new stuff n had to make modifications before use. Seems mad when it's brand new lol.

  11. #11Acivil2012-10-23 19:53

    Nashville might be a better bet than pigeon forge... more clean rock/urban sprawl and a far more diversified market. Blalock OWNS Pigeon Forge and Knoxville (construction/materials/politics/real estate) and getting up and running there would not be a task for the faint of heart... if they see you making a doll hair on something there they will go after it.