Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 1400 head bolt torque

MACJUNKYARD ยท 2016-04-03 00:33

I'm putting a new head gasket in and I don't have the amount to torque the head bolts -when I took off the head the bolt were VERY tight-Thanks -Tom

Replies3
  1. #1MACJUNKYARD2016-04-04 23:04

    I found a good source At powerlinecomponents.com- Perkins 4236 torque specifications--(100lb-ft)--Whole bunch of other engine stats...Tom

  2. #2Tinkerer2016-04-05 06:59

    I am glad to see you found those torque values Tom. There is a lot of information on that website. I spent some time looking for that spec. for you and didn't come up with it. I just wanted to let you know, so that you don't feel as if no one was trying to help you. Here is a link to that webpage ------> http://powerlinecomponents.com/

  3. #3MACJUNKYARD2016-04-05 11:40

    Hi-Thanks a lot for your response-This has been a tough rebuild but I love this old tractor-Tom (mac junkyard)