Does anyone know what kind of oil goes in the transmission? Ive got a guy who wants it serviced and im not sure about the oil. It appears to be a light weigh oil, not ATF cause its not red so....Also i guess you fill it though the dipstick tube, right?
jcb transmission fluid , the international spec is ford esn-m2c 33g if thats any help
Ok? there isnt a jcb dealer near here so...is there anything i can get at a parts store that is the same?
Well i looked at some tractor fluid and the spec was ford esn-m2c but it wasnt 33g it was like 134 or something. Whats the difference i wonder?
Hi Plan B. I don't know if i will be any help or not, but i went through the ritual of trying to find what everybody was calling "Hy-Trans fluid". I have found that these fluids, including "Tractor fluid", are basically the same thing. Reading the buckets that i still have, i see the 134 that you mentioned. But no 33g. I don't know that that is significant. There are also lots of tractors listed, but no JCB's. These oils are light colored like you mentioned the oil in the tranny is. What kind of transmission are we talking about?
Plan B, The spec I show for the oil is ESP-M-2C336....either way, it is JCB 10W Transmission Fluid. Part number for 1 Gal is 4000/2501I (note, that is an "i" at the end, not a 1).....5 Gal is 4000/2502I Hope this helps.
i know plenty of people who run atf with no problems
Yeah i found some of that 4000/250I but its $28.44 a gallon!!! I was told that the 33g is a type of additive? If i get tractor fluid which is esn m2c 134B,C Its $32 for 5 gallons!! but i want to put the right stuff in it that wont hurt it any, ya know.
If it is an automatic transmission with a torque converter, i think you should be fine. Even a lot of manual transmissions use the same oil. Depends on the specs for the machine.
I went ahead and got the JCB transmission oil , it was only 150 bucks!!!
That is high.....I sell it for $19/gallon, which, I know is still expensive, but way better than $28!....glad to hear you put the right stuff in there....ATF would not have been good.
This is my first post to the forum, even though I lurk and read every now and then. This is a great resource. I have to post in an existing thread ... I have a JCB 1550, but this is really a general hydraulics question. I need to replace the backing rings in the MRV, the rings go over a cylinder but I don't see anyway to get these things over the cylinder. They're solid hard white plastic (ptfe?) and need to fit snugly in the cylinder grooves. I cut one after trying to get it on but after being cut it was two loose. The second one I did get over the cylinder by rolling it 90 degrees, and stretching it some, and then rolling it back in the groove. This was successful but the ring had been stretched so it was too big. So is there a trick to this? Can they be shrunk back on? Getting the second one on was very hard using my fingers. I've looked at the other rings in the valve and they're tightly in their grooves. I see Parker makes a "parbak" ring which supposedly is stretchable. I've searched the web with no luck. I hope someone on here has some experience with this. thanks.
I do not know anything about what you are putting in, but i was wondering if heating it would do the trick?
try putting them in hot /near boiling water first to soften them up
Thanks for the idea to heat them in water. I will try this on the next one. Have you done this before? Because the ring would need to shrink back to its original size when it cools. I suppose there's no other way ...
yes i had to do a similar thing on the sideshift clamp seals on a case 580 ,no way would they go on cold cheers graham