Have a 1999 jcb robot and it wont lift anything. It drives and moves fine but the boom can barley and very very slowly lift an empty plastic trashcan. Do you guys think it is the hydraulic pump? also what and how can I test it to figure out the problem?
Sorry to hear about your trouble tomcat. I know near to nothing about the Robot machines, but I do know drive has no connection to boom functions. Question is, how does fork tilt work? Will it pick up a load by tilting forks up? If it will, I would suspect a problem with control valve for boom lift circuit, maybe a failed boom lift relief valve or failed boom lift cylinder piston seal. But if it won't lift a load with fork tilt, possibly a problem with main relief valve for control valve or failed work equipment pump.
it wont lift or tilt much at all. Its joystick operated and with the machine revved up a lot it barley will lift or tilt. It does move but doesn't move very fast and cant really get higher then 8 inches. Also is there a way I can test any of those things in order to eliminate some possibilities?
. ? Anyone. Anything you guys know or any tricks to figure this problem out would be perfect.
I don't know anything about the components on a Robot, whether it has positive or variable displacement pump, arrangement of various valves and reliefs, so I can't really offer any test procedures. I suppose I would pull the relief valves from the boom control valve and inspect them for o-ring failures and such. And does the steering work proper and it works from same pump? If so, maybe it has a faulty priority valve. Problems like these are not simple to diagnose, and it's generally not cheap to simply assume it's a failed pump, replace it, just to find that wasn't the problem. If you can't get some clear info of how to proceed, I'd suggest calling and equipment mechanic to take a look at it.
The steering doesn't have any issues it drives just fine. Also where would the priority valve be ? Follow the lines back from the cylinder for the boom and right there where the lines connect and the joy stick controls connect?
That's what I'm saying, sometimes machines have complex hyd systems, one must know the system to troubleshoot it. As a previously stated, it's likely your drive system is independent of hyd system. But, something has to steer machine. This would require either a separate steering pump, or, many machines use a priority valve to deliver oil from one pump to operate both steering and boom functions. The purpose of this priority valve is to always make sure there is oil going to steer machine even when you are raising the boom under load. And if it uses a variable displacement pumps, all this gets even more complex. I really think you should call a tech on this one.
Maybe a service manual would be a good start. Trade bit - less than $12 http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/158545214-jcb-150-165-165hf-robot-service-repair As Willie says - you need to check pressures as a start ; check main relief valve (it could be stuck open?) ; then pump may require flowtest. Unfortunately JCB don't have online parts catalogues for all to see as many other manufacturers, so without specific knowlege it's online guesswork. Without test gauges & some knowlege with it, you have little hope of an easy fix.
Ok I will look into that. I'm away right now but when I get home I'm going to dig into it and start troubleshooting. I also believe I have. Repair manual at my house. I will look at that and maybe scan a few images of it and post it up so you guys can see why it looks like
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/tome7810/jcb6.jpg http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/tome7810/jcb5.jpg http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/tome7810/jcb4.jpg http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/tome7810/jcb3.jpg http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m128/tome7810/jcb.jpg here is some images see if you guys can see what i should take a look at
The issue I think your having in soliciting help on a forum is the JCB skid steers are not well known in the US anyway, and short of having a JCB mechanic show up on here, your largely going to be guessing and run the risk of making matters worse. No one likes to pay $100 an hour to have a mechanic show up but there are times when given the options its the best. You could pay to have a tech locate the problem and then perform the fix yourself if you are able. The other option is to find a HEF type forum coming out of the UK, although skid steers are not as common there, you might find someone who knows the machines. A lot better chance there than here I am sure.
but it's a skid steer.
appears to be pilot/servo operated so I would start by checking pilot pressure (probably comes from hydrostatic charge, but through some sort of activation valve and maybe screened fitting) I'd check main pressure and have a look at the main relief (o rings etc) Depends how accessible the implement pump is as to how quick I'd tear into it. If it's easy to get at, I would have a look at it.
Yeah, I got my head all discombobulated and was thinking of a JCB compact forklift. Then I looked up a pic of a Robot, forgot that was that mono boom skidloader. Only thing I've ever done to one of those is change a starter. One of the toughest starter change jobs I've done.
make sure you dont have the "float" button on, I had a scare one time and all it was i bumped the button and the bucket would barly lift, worth a shot
Yea idk I can pull the pump off easy but idl how or what to look for to know if it's bad? Also how many hours do they usually last?