Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 1700B Turbo – Need Doors

geokoppmann ยท 2014-09-05 23:28

Searching for a set odoor for my 1700B.

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2014-09-07 07:56

    I made mine out of 1/4" aluminum plate. Made a template (pattern) out of cardboard for each door before cutting the aluminum. For the outer profile the aluminum can be cut to size with a carbide tipped blade in a table saw. I used a 7&1/4" hand-held circular saw with a carbide tipped blade to cut the window openings. I made plunge cuts with that saw for each of the four sides of the window openings. I purchased the rubber strips for the glass on the internet, and then I took the doors to local glass shop and had laminated safety glass installed. It was actually quite easy to do. If you do make your own, wear safety glasses, when cutting aluminum, chips really fly ! My doors were just plain flat doors. If they had multiple angles to fit the cab I would have fabricated them out of steel that could be easily welded.

  2. #2geokoppmann2015-01-13 11:54

    Thank you for the good suggestion. it's a procedure i will follow