JCB 2004 508C Telehandler Transmission Fluid Question I posted this in wrong place being a newbie I did my best to search forum before i bothered anyone. My goal is to buy an alternative transmission fluid to what the JCB dealer said I had to use in my 2004 508C forklift. What is printed on the JCB 5 gal is "JCB transmission fluid 10W ~ JCB std 4000/2500" I talked to different people telling me different things about an alternative. The dealer says the transmission fluid should be clear and 10W. If I had hair I would be pulling it out lol. I hope someone can help me with this. Mike
No problem. I removed the other one. Welcome to HEF.
i found it was a better and safer bet to just use the jcb oils/ fluids. I believe the price difference in a 5 gallon pail was something like $50 from a maybe similar napa brand oil, and for how often your going to change those type fluids and how little amount of fluid in the machine I found the idea of repairing a transmission due to using the wrong fluid would be more of a headache than $50 every 5 or so years.
Thanks Eric. It just freaked me out 125.00 plus tax plus driving 80 miles round trip for 5 gal transmission oil. Napa said they did not have equivalent oil and my brother said they did lol.
Thank you I tried to remove it too lol
Any TO-4 oil 10W will work well. The TO-4 Cat spec oil should have a similar friction modifer for wet brakes.
Thank you blitz138. Thank you all. I just bought what JCB told me i had to have.
The one advantage using JCB oil is the different colors they use for their oil. Hydraulic, blue, Trans red, and of course engine black. It sure is easy to figure out what component it came from.