Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 214

Cliffview ยท 2023-06-12 14:49

I have a JCB 214 Perkins. The breather on the side of the valve cover is detached. Do I need to remove the valve cover or can it be reattached wit self tapping screws?

Replies4
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-06-12 15:09

    You only need 1 thread to ask your question but how was it originally attached? Some pics. would help. Best to fix it right than to slap it together hastily.

  2. #2Cliffview2023-06-12 15:13

    It seems like it was glued or something. It's under the muffler and would require removing it . I can't even get a good picture of it. I was wondering if there is some type of retainer inside the valve cover? Sorry about the multiple threads . It's my first time trying this forum thing.

  3. #3Welder Dave2023-06-12 15:17

    Try to find a parts list for the engine to see how it's attached. Sounds like you'll have to remove the muffler to fix it regardless how it attaches.

  4. #4Cliffview2023-06-12 15:38

    Yeah...I'm just waiting to get in touch with a mechanic I know .