Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jcb 214 hydraulic problem

David V ยท 2014-02-25 13:25

jcb 214 series 3 backhoe. I was operating the rear bucket when I heard a sound from the front and then I lost all power in the hydraulics. I checked for major leak, checked the hydraulic fluid level. checked the belt. the motor still works just fine. I don't know how to trouble shoot the hydraulic pump to see if it is the problem. when I was operating I was just emptying the bucket, I wasn't maxing it out or anything unusual. Any Ideas of what to do would be appreciated. Thanks, David V.

Replies2
  1. #1LT-x72014-02-25 13:35

    There is a short drive line from the crank shaft on the front of the motor that drives the hydro pump under the radiator. These have been know to break u-joints and then all hydro function dies.

  2. #2David V2014-02-25 13:48

    Thanks I will check that to see if that is the problem.