Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 214 won’t forward or reverse??

Earthmover315f · 2018-04-04 14:36

i have a jcb backhoe that won’t go forward or reverse. Checked all the fuses and relays I have power in the wires to the shuttle shifter and power in only 1 plug on the valve body on the top of the transmission. Running out of ideas!

Replies7
  1. #1laycobeau2018-04-04 16:54

    Could be a lot of things; brake switch; neutral lock; seat or bar switch if you have them. Who makes the shifter Clark/Dana/Spicer; ZF; Funk; or Emerson, and does it have a separate transmission controller (TCU)

  2. #2Earthmover315f2018-04-05 13:08

    Not sure on the shifter. Where is the neutral lock located? I’ve checked the buttons on the shifter and ranger selector and they don’t seem to be sticking

  3. #3laycobeau2018-04-05 14:11

    can you send pic of your shifter? do you have anything that looks like this?

  4. #4jcb jeff2018-04-19 08:14

    What is your machine serial number The forward reverse lever controls relays that work the solenoids on the top of the gearbox I guess you have 2 connections on blue solenoids . The handbrake and button on the loader lever also if yours has a separate gearstick front right the button on there all control the neutral or will put into neutral when circuit connects. The relays will be in the fuse box it will have f and r on the picture and a n for neutral start as well. But if you supply the serial number i can point you in a better direction.

  5. #5Mark Glaser2020-06-18 11:07

    I just saw this post and this is what my backhoe is doing The serial # is476740 would appreciate any help

  6. #6Mark Glaser2020-06-18 11:11

    there are ground wires that are reading 4volts can I by pass this?

  7. #7Kaptain0072020-06-28 13:30

    So it doesn't go forward nor reverse. Does it go sideways?