Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 215 Series I front weight problem & question

John K ยท 2014-06-25 22:15

I have had my front weight that is mounted under the radiator on my JCB 215 fall off while using it today. One bolt or stud was still showing on the top of the weight while the other was broken off. Looks like it has bolts that go through the weight. Do they go through? Or is there something I'm missing? I sure hope they aren't threaded completely through the weight. If so I'm in trouble...

Replies2
  1. #1watglen2014-06-26 05:53

    Mine has been sagging for years. I tried to tighten it up without luck. Brackets sag. Pathetic design in that spot. Not sure on the bolt question. Can't imagine its too complicated.

  2. #2John K2014-06-26 21:56

    Got with a local JCB dealer who was kind enough to email a diagram of the front end. Bolts go through the weight and into the front frame. Now to get them removed from the weight...