Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 220LC knowledge

Pigpen · 2022-05-17 23:06

Hello all, I’m new to excavators so I’m hoping someone can educate me on the JCB brand as it pertains to part commonality with other manufacturers, reliability and so forth. I wasn’t even considering this brand /model but this 220 popped up near me so I think it’s at least worth looking at. It has 3500 hrs on an Isuzu engine (180hp) so I like that. It’s a 2007 so no def. The 220 size is a little larger than I need for tree and stump removal but I’m having a devil of a time finding a clean Deere 160 or Hitachi in my price range. My application is farm use/ personal land clearing. Thanks for any advice or knowledge on this brand/model.

Replies3
  1. #1uffex2022-05-18 03:41

    Good day Original excavators branded came from the Sumitomo camp I believe the same basis foe Case. Present day JCB bare a remarkable resemblence to the same origin, just as well there own efforts at 360 machines leaked fluid like oil wells. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Vetech632022-05-18 07:29

    JCB makes a decent machine. It's their product support that has always lacked here in the US.

  3. #3Pigpen2022-05-18 09:57

    Thanks for that, I assumed there is a reason that I don't see many JCBs in our area. I don't see that many on Machinery Trader either. Perhaps I should stick with my original plan with a Deere.