Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb 3cx 1985 fuel line popped off

Carljcb3cx ยท 2018-12-17 18:08

Diesel flood overnight. Not sure if someone pulled fuel line off or if it popped off by itself but where does other end of this plastic pipe connect to? It's a 1985 JCB 3CX. Am I correct in thinking it's a fuel return pipe? In photo I have open end raised upwards but when I opened engine bay it was pointed down towards bottom of fuel tank leaking out diesel. Can't find any ports for it to connect to on tank

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2018-12-17 18:44

    3 places it can go.. back to the fuel tank, to the filter or to the back side of the inj. pump on the top cover.

  2. #2DIYDAVE2018-12-17 21:00

    Look at area(s) that are within the hoses reach...

  3. #3Delmer2018-12-17 23:17

    I think I can see the line going to the filter. Most likely it goes to the tank, is there another return line to the tank? OR, Is there a thingamajig on the intake manifold with an electric wire and a hose barb on it?

  4. #4thepumpguysc2018-12-18 06:27

    Snap another pic of the inj. pump & air intake pipe so we can rule those out..