Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 3CX Backhoe Loader

ute1 ยท 2020-09-06 01:48

Hi all, I have a JCB 3CX Backhoe Loader ( White Roof) Serial 329442/P with a Perkins Engine and I'm trying to get a Starter and a few other bits. I'm not sure of the age. Anyone know how to look up info on this machine based on the Serial Thanks in Advance Wayne

Replies10
  1. #1ih1002020-09-06 16:09

    Can you see the serial number or part number actually on the starter? Failing that, the engine serial number (the part of the number starting with a U and ending with another letter.)

  2. #2skata2020-09-06 16:41

    Find the perkins model number. You can buy starters for cheap on eBay for example.

  3. #3ute12020-09-06 22:35

    Hi thanks for the replies. I havent been able to access a serial on the starter but engine no. on the plate is 164324.P The Loader Parts book seems generic with the Starter Motor described as a M127

  4. #4ute12020-09-06 22:38

    I'll go out and check again - I was hoping to get a replacement on ebay but details on the starters don't correlate with what I have.

  5. #5skata2020-09-06 23:11

    https://shop.perkins.com/support/identify-your-engine See if this helps

  6. #6Cmark2020-09-06 23:30

    I've found these guys to be helpful https://rousehilltractors.com.au/

  7. #7ute12020-09-07 22:21

    Thanks for the responses - I have scraped away some old paint off the starter and whilst really hard to read but looks like its a Lucas M127/2/8 275/B34

  8. #8skata2020-09-08 23:13

    Well if I search 'm127 starter' on ebay, I get many new starters for around $100. You just need to verify they look the same and have the same tooth count on the gear.

  9. #9Delmer2020-09-09 00:23

    Even in Australia, get a gear reduction starter if at all possible. If the original is a direct drive, then the gear reduction won't look the same, a little more work to confirm it will fit, but worth it.

  10. #10skata2020-09-09 01:40

    This is true. I had a direct drive in my old jcb. Took a little searching and cross referencing of numbers, but found a reduction gear starter like you said. The engine starts so much easier with those.