Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 3CX Eco Window Breakage

Picker4 ยท 2013-11-20 00:28

Any one had the front wheels lift debris onto door glass. I believe there are fenders available?

Replies8
  1. #1robin yates uk2013-11-20 08:03

    was your door swinging open or either properly latched in the semi open position or closed?

  2. #2d4c24a2013-11-20 15:39

    mudguards nearly all machines in the UK have them standard now , well worth it as the small lower front window is very susceptible to being broken mine after a clean earlier this year

  3. #3Picker42013-11-21 04:24

    Thanks for the prompt replies gentlemen, the machine was travelling on a straight shale covered road with the doors closed. The operator said it just exploded. It was covered in a red clay type mud but I suspect front tyre lifted a stone. We have thought the cab design may be a contributing factor, given that the angle is more in line . JCB rules on our farm-buy the best, forget the rest!

  4. #4robin yates uk2013-11-21 04:36

    "buy the best, forget the rest" Great description for the JCB brand!

  5. #5Nige2013-11-21 06:30

    It would be laudable if it were true .......unfortunately they're built to a price from what I see.

  6. #6robin yates uk2013-11-21 07:23

    I last drove a JCB 3CX Sitemaster 7 years ago, the statement I made today was true at that time.But I also drove Cat and Case machines then and they were certainly built down to a price.What current build qualities are I don't know but JCB are still my BHL of choice

  7. #7d4c24a2013-11-21 15:31

    a lot has happened in 7 years the early eco,s are a joke in the hydraulic dept ,the word is the latest offering is a big improvement now they have dropped the 3 pump set up and gone to one big variable pump mine has given quite a bit of trouble in 3000hrs ,from rear diff to transmission ECU had around 10 hose,s now down to poor routeing or pin holes appearing in them i jumped back in my old 07 590 case the other day to move it , i hated that machine ,but the back end was a dream compared to the 3cx ,shame it was so unreliable

  8. #8Extractorfan2013-11-21 16:37

    d4c24a, we bought a 2013 3CX with the Tier 3b engine, JCB state this engine will be 9% better on fuel, unfortunately the opposite is true. Our friendly JCB dealer fitter says other people with this engine also find it is heavier on fuel than the previous engine. However the machine is a revelation when travelling on the road with plenty of power to cope with our steep hills. It does seem sluggish when starting in warm weather so we shall see how it does when the temperature drops. I have just taken delivery of a new CAT 444F, I managed to get one with the old engine, didn't want the added complication of Tier 3b or fuel economy issues. Remember if they say its green it will cost you! Ex tractor fan.