Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 3CX manteinance questions

yv1650c · 2010-11-07 00:32

Hello everybody. I'm relatively new to heavy machinery equipment, so I have few questions about it. I have two backhoes JCB 3CX year 2009 from new. I want to know some topics about the machine: How many hours is the interval that should I do the maintenance to the machine? Changing all filters. These machines have the follow filters: 1) Engine oil filter 2) Air element filter 3) Air filter (small one) I think this filter doesn’t get dirty. 4) Gearbox syncroshuttle filter (it’s like oil one, but for the gearbox) 5) Oil filter 6) Oil element filter (water keeper). 7) Hydraulic filter (located in the hydraulic oil tank). Another questions I have is: 1)Do I have to change the gearbox, hydraulic, differential oils? How many hours? 2)Is it good to take the air compressor hose and clean the air filters?or Can this open the small holes on the filter and let the small particles get in? One of the backhoes has 1600hours and other have 600. Excuse me the lot of question but here where I’m located there’s no good service on JCB machines, and also excuse me my bad English. Any suggestion on manteinance of machines would be fine, just write it here, and THANK YOU!

Replies8
  1. #1willie592010-11-07 09:28

    Welcome to the forum yv1650c. :usa I can try and send you the service manual by email, don't know if it will go through, rather large PDF file. You need to add the email address to your user profile that you want mail to come to. BTW, where is Weston?

  2. #2yv1650c2010-11-07 10:40

    Wow, thank you for the manual It's great!. I have question about maitencance times. Someones says about changing all filters + engine oil every 250hrs, but in the manual it says only at: 500, 1000 and 2000. I feel it is not lineal cahnging every 500hr in the first 1000hrs and then wait until 2000 to make the next engine oil change, there is 1000hours interval, so.. What do you think about it?

  3. #3koldsteele2010-11-07 10:42

    BTW, where is Weston? Straight west of Easton ....sorry i couldn't help but say it lol..

  4. #4willie592010-11-07 11:00

    Well, all that stuff is "recommended intervals". It has a lot to do with your conditions, heat/cold, dust, dry/wet climates, many variables to account for. If the engine holds a good bit of oil, say 3 to 4 gal, it could probably handle 500 hrs. If it only holds 1 3/4 to 2 gal, I'd lean toward 200 to 250 hours. The oils in other components, such as tranny and differential have longer hour intervals because the oil isn't being contaminated when operating they way the engine contaminates oil with combustion by-products. The engine oil simply works like this; Someone once asked me if it would be better for the engine to change oil and filter every 100 hours. I said, of course, if you can afford it. As far as protecting and prolonging engine life, it would benefit engine changing oil and filter every 10 hours if one could afford it. The opposite of this is the catch; changing oil often is not a problem for engine, going too long on oil change is what will kill an engine on the inside.

  5. #5yv1650c2010-11-07 19:29

    thank you, so I think 500hrs would be fine!. JCB 3cx holds about 15lts of engine oil.

  6. #6hootowl2013-12-14 13:47

    I have a 2010 on the way and would love to get my hands on the manual. Mike

  7. #7HM2710952016-01-30 08:31

    Hello, only very late on this thread but I was wondering if I could get that manual also? Many thanks

  8. #8jcb jeff2016-01-31 08:31

    if you do lots of road work or on the brakes a lot make sure you change the rear axle oil 1000 hr to help the inboard brakes last. never put brake fluid in the brake res as this is a light mineral oil only .