Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 3cx (old) won’t move forward or backward

Dok ยท 2019-03-19 15:59

Good day! I have troubles with my JCB 3cx loader. I was working with it (loading some dirt onto a truck) and everything was working normally. Suddenly I couldn't go forward or backward. The engine starts just fine but I cannot move. I have read a lot on the internet where a lot of people suggested some errors with electronics. This piece is old and almost everything is mechanical. Every advice is appreciated!

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2019-03-19 19:20

    Welcome to HEF, Dok !! Sorry I don't know much about JCB's. But, here is a web-link to the service repair manual. ---------> https://www.pdfmanual4trucks.com/jcb/

  2. #2uptight excavating2019-03-19 19:27

    Had that happen on a 1990 1400B. Same machine I believe. Turned out the weld sheared off that holds the clutch pack to the shaft that it was trying to turn. Simple fix after the trans is removed and totally disassembled. lol

  3. #3Dok2019-03-20 11:36

    I asked a guy experienced in this kind of stuff and he suggested the same thing. So thanks for info I will go and check it today. Will report the results. Also thanks @Tinkerer for those manuals they will come in handy!