Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 3CX serial breakdown

bteigrob · 2015-06-23 13:25

Does anyone know how to read the JCB serial numbers so one can look up parts on the right manual? I got a 3CX with serial SLP3CXPSYE0493638 and I don't know if it a 3CX P/S or a 3CX 30 or a 3CX 35 or 3CX-2. There are many more model breakdowns on the 3CX. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Replies13
  1. #1greg95042015-06-23 18:57

    When I enter your serial number into the JCB parts program this is what comes up: So you are looking for a manual that covers 3CX 00469125-00499999,00920001-00927500 I can look up specific parts diagrams for you if you like.

  2. #2bteigrob2015-06-23 19:52

    greg9504, OK so that is the 3CX-4T. Awesome stuff. thanks

  3. #3REX CHEN2017-03-08 22:55

    hi greg9504 could you please kindly assist with parts pages/part number listing for a couple of JCB we have got in the yard ? thank you very much 1. JCB 3CX – SLP3XT32E0932164 – AK510924271038J -transmission Dump Switch(gear lever) -Park brake Switch 2.JCB BACKHOE LOADER 3CX-VIN SLP3CXISYE0496355-ESN AB50607U979204G -need parts around the king post area- oil leaks

  4. #4greg95042017-03-08 23:44

    Trans switch - 701/49800, see # 12 on diagram, Park Brake Switch - 701/80629, see #28 on diagram, looks like it is held on by #29 part number 7210/0067 I'm not sure what you want me to look up for the second one, can you post a picture of the area? (click on the thumbnails then when the image displays, right click and click on "Open image in new tab", then you should see it full resolution)

  5. #5greg95042017-03-08 23:53

    In the king post area there is just the swing cylinders/lines and then the "bulkhead" where the lines that go to all the backhoe cylinders pass through, like this (this is of my 2CX)

  6. #6REX CHEN2017-03-09 14:38

    hi greg9504 . thank you so much for your kind assistance . please see the oil leak pictures attached .

  7. #7greg95042017-03-09 14:59

    Those are basically a "brake" that holds the backhoe in position. Kind of like a car's disk brake. I'll look it up tonight.

  8. #8REX CHEN2017-03-09 15:01

    thank you very much . do you also supply parts perhaps ?

  9. #9greg95042017-03-12 01:35

    Sorry forgot about this... here are the seal part numbers for the sideshift clamps: Oddly the parts break down shows 8 as the seal, then lists two number 8 parts. One has been updated. part 8 904/09400 part 8 904/20336 No I don't sell parts, I just have the parts program. If you are really stuck I can check here what the prices are...

  10. #10REX CHEN2017-03-12 14:54

    thank you very much Greg

  11. #11REX CHEN2017-03-14 03:41

    hi Greg , i know this is a bit of a long shot. we have a Johnston road sweeper truck which has a auxiliary JCB engine model: JCB TCA-85 serial# SF320/40743 U1331613 looking for a thermostat + o ring any help appreciated... thank you very much

  12. #12greg95042017-03-15 21:46

    Hi Rex, I couldn't find it, I could look up similar engines using "320/XXXXX" part of the code but mine app didn't have anything for 320/40743. You might try: https://parts.jcb.com/ and email them the same info so they can look it up. When I put in 320/40743 it returns: Engine assembly TCA 85kw 24v mT3 ROW but I couldn't get a parts break down on their website, but they probably have up to date software and can look it up. Anyone else readying this should probably try that website to for instant look ups.

  13. #13REX CHEN2017-03-15 22:52

    thank you so much Greg