Hello all, Searched this pup high and low, daytime and night and no sign of any VIN, or VIN plate rivet holes It's not where the most common places are, anyone have one this vintage ? Looking for 1970's (I think) JCB 3d II backhoe brake parts, searched every where. Anyone know where I can get them ? Parts people say I must produce it ... Thanks
The JCB 3D mk 2 had the Nuffield tractor skid unit in it, from what I remember it had dry disk brakes. you could try to have these relined with new friction material if any companies near you carry out this service. The Nuffield ( later tractors called Leyland tractors) are still being restored here in the UK so parts are available I have seen some friction linings for the Nuffield tractor on ebay to rivet on to the original steel splined disks. Also the brake actuator parts are still available. try posting questions on which skid unit you have on www.classicmachinery.net . good luck as for the serial number not sure on that.
THANKS Willis!! What a strike of good luck you are. Set me on target indeed. John Charnley & Sons has them in stock
Pleased to be of help, good luck with your classic JCB