Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 426

DMC ยท 2019-12-11 18:33

I purchased a JCB 426 2008 and when I drove it off the truck I notices that the brakes are not very good. I contacted the gut I bought it from and he said, they never had a problem. It will stop but nothing like my Cat or Komatsu. Trying to test the pressure but really I don't see much pressure. Wondering if the pump is failing. If I opened the hoses coming from the pump I should have a lot of pressure, but there isn't much. Any ideas,anyone have a JCB 426?

Replies2
  1. #1DMC2019-12-12 18:35

    Okay. Today I did a pressure test and it seems that is the correct pressure. Now I think it must be worn brake pads. I think I will remove and open one side up. Does anyone know how thick the pads are supposed to be?

  2. #2DMC2019-12-22 13:01

    Guess nobody knows??