Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 4CX gauges not working

Cjandersohrling · 2023-07-09 05:27

Hi Fuel, temp and tachometer stopped working at the same time. Fuses are ok. Could it be a bad earth or potentially the ignition switch? A lot of work tearing out the side console but I guess I have not choice. Any advice?

Replies4
  1. #1Cjandersohrling2023-07-09 13:12

    Checked earth on fuse A position 2. Got 12 V. Ignition next?

  2. #2Jenson482023-07-09 13:36

    Check all fuses and relays first. OHM the fuses

  3. #3edgephoto2023-07-09 16:22

    if they are the old school glass type fuses don't rule out a bad connection. In my project CAT, I had more than 1/2 of the fuses with a major voltage drop between the fuse and the clip it snaps into. A little cleaning with a Scotchbrite made quick work of the bad contacts.

  4. #4Cjandersohrling2023-07-09 16:44

    Hi A good cleanup is prob a good idea. Flat ones here though. Can’t see how the relays could fit though.