Working on a JCB 50B telehandler The hydraulic motor that turns the engine cooling fan won't kick on. There must be a temperature switch some where that turns it on??
Man, I had a 506b for 20 years. I could have sworn the fan spun all the time. Does your steering work? I can't remember if it works off the steering pump, or was there a second pump on the steering pump that runs the fan? You got a manual?
Maybe it should be turning all the time, I have no idea I just got the machine. I will crack the lines at fan motor and see if there is any oil flow. Manual didn't say anything about the fan, but I will look again, maybe I missed something. Yes, steering works as it should. I will trace the lines and see where the oil comes from. I just thought maybe there was something super simple to check first.
Super simple is checking fuses and wiring connectors.
There are no fuses or wiring for the fan motor
According to the book, I think you're right on the fan turning all the time. I don't see anything about wiring or sensors to turn the fan on. According to this picture, pump 3 sends oil to 41(cooling fan motor) About all I can think is, once this thing is running, check and see if oil is getting to the cooling fan motor, if it's not the problem has to be pump 3. If oil is getting there, then it has to be an issue with the cooling motor itself. That picture shows a relief valve on the cooling motor, this one does not have that. Its just one hose in, one hose out
Check the suction line to make sure it's not pulling air in.
You're a genius, I never even gave that a thought. The line was very loose on the pipe coming out of the hyd reservoir. I need to replace the little o ring as it's chewed up a bit. And hopefully that takes care of the problem
Hopefully no damage was done, running the pump dry for long.
I'm afraid of that, we'll know in a couple days. The main pump that bolts to the crank pulley had to be replaced, fitting was over tightened and it cracked the housing. That pump should be here in a couple days.
Had the machine running today. There must be something wrong with the pump. Cooling fan hardly turning, I cracked the line going to the fan, barely any pressure
Bummer.
I'm having the same problem no oil at fan motor
My problem was, the suction hose from the hyd reservoir to the pump was loose, pump was sucking air, now my pump is shot. I've been too busy to get a replacement pump, so it's still sitting in the corner of the shop. If you have no oil at fan motor, your pump is probably bad too. But check that big rubber hyd hose that goes from the reservoir to the pump. Mine was tight on the pump, but loose at the reservoir