Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb 506c injector pump

Adamjolt8813 ยท 2020-03-04 11:41

Hello all. I have a jcb 506c with the perkins of course. Fuel coming out the weap hole on the injector which means seals gone. Has anyone had to remove one of these injector pumps? Do you have to separate the engine from the hyd pumps? No axcess cover like there is on the jcb 520.

Replies10
  1. #1tractormech2020-03-04 12:58

    Hate to tell you but that isn't a Perkins. It's a JCB engine. There are special tools to time and remove the injector pump. If you look on the back side of the motor where the injector pump is bolted up is there a large threaded plug that you take out to gain access to the injector pump drive gear? It's like 1-1/2 or 2 inch pipe size roughly. If you take the plug out you will see there's no holes in the gear to hook a puller up with. JCB has a tool that threads in where the plug goes and pushes the shaft out of the gear. There's no timing marks either as I recall to know when the engine is in time. I understand the tools to do the job are about 3000 bucks. I checked online and found nothing available as far as tooling goes. The dealer had the tools (150 miles away). I told the guy put it on a trailer and send it. Hope this helps some-sorry to give you bad news. They should have stuck with Perkins instead of changing to this.It forces people back to the dealer so here we are. And I bought a manual for the 506 and there's no engine info as far as repair. Yours may be a little different than the one I looked at but it's still a JCB.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2020-03-04 16:05

    My old company has the tools.. worst investment they ever made.. I did 2 of them & said, ABSOLUTELY, NO MORE.. its somebody elses turn.. Naturally in FULL fuel shop fashion, no more ever came in..{turned away} Dont even think u can unscrew that front plug w/ ANYTHING u have in your toolbox.. It takes THEIR socket.. U find #1 TDC by removing the supply pump & bolting up THEIR spring loaded tool in its place.. rotate the engine until a pin drops into a slot .. & stop.. IF u have a JCB dealer anywhere around u... TAKE IT THERE.. just my .02.. Good luck.

  3. #3tractormech2020-03-04 18:06

    The dealer I found said they had done 1 the whole time they had the tools. They are expensive too. I sent that down the road.

  4. #4Adamjolt88132020-03-04 18:31

    Well that SUCKS!!! I was going to try it, I see the bolt for holding the injector pump in place after you pull it so I figured it would be as simple as the others I have done. But no timing marks on the gears? ***. Ya dealer. I hate turning down money, and having to send my customer to the dealer. Thank you both for the help.

  5. #5tractormech2020-03-04 19:17

    Glad to help. You don't need to get involved in that fiasco. It has snakebite all over it. It would wind up being one of those jobs you wish you'd never seen. Pumpguy knew a lot more than I did about it and it sounds like a real pain.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2020-03-06 10:38

    A real pain is an understatement.. Did u see the picture he posted w/ the frame in the way of the lift pump.?? The intake has to come off to get room to do anything.. & u cant reach the bolts.. An extension is to long & just a socket, is to short.!! Then theres wires routed & bolted everywhere u need to get to.. & we all know about THAT.. try to undo a fastener with OUT the wire turning & breaking.. & its even worse on THAT machine.. GREAT decision sending it down the road.. MAYBE we can help u make some money on the next 1..??

  7. #7tractormech2020-03-06 21:47

    The way you said you swore off of them after two pumps told me all I needed to know. I'm not a fan of JCB anyway. I hate dealing with parts issues and lack of technical support and hard to get manuals has them way down on my list. I pass them up if I can after the fiasco the last one I worked on turned out to be. If anyone has good luck with them I'm glad to hear it but I don't deal with them anymore. Just my opinion of course.

  8. #8skata2020-03-07 17:30

    Looks like a Delphi pump. Why are these seals failing? And only 2000 hours. I had a 506b with the perkins with over 5000 hours and didn't ever have to touch the injector pump. I can't remember who made the pumps for the perkins though.

  9. #9thepumpguysc2020-03-07 20:27

    CAV usta make the pumps.. Delphi bought them out years ago.. Same company.. different name.

  10. #10jcb jeff2020-03-19 04:09

    This might help!