Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jcb 520 tele

fendtman ยท 2009-08-31 09:35

how good of machine are they, using it around the farm.

Replies17
  1. #1albertozordan2009-08-31 11:00

    Do you have one? Why do you think it's so good?

  2. #2fendtman2009-08-31 13:08

    dont have one, but it just looks like a handy unit, compact, easy to get around, able to lift pallent of seed, move bales. wondering if they are good machine.

  3. #3albertozordan2009-09-01 02:17

    In my opinion you can find way better machines on the market, at the moment...

  4. #4fendtman2009-09-01 07:48

    what would you suggest any suggestions

  5. #5albertozordan2009-09-01 07:55

    Unfortunately I work for one of the JCB competitors so I don't think it could be a good idea to give you advices!

  6. #6d4c24a2009-09-01 15:33

    farm special if you have the chance get a farm special ,as the spec is much better have a look here for some info http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=15196 Merlo are pretty good but i am not a fan of the transmission also make sure you do have a dealer in your country :drinkup graham

  7. #7JCBgm2009-09-02 08:30

    Here in the US there are only a few competitors to the 520. Not as many choices as the rest of the world. Right now 520s can be had at a bargin. Probably 60% (or more) of the 520s our dealership sells goes to ag. I'll keep my opinions to myself since I'm biased!

  8. #8lee2009-09-07 14:18

    hi the jcb 520 is a very good m/c very versitile ive used them and cant fault them but yes go for the ag spec m/c

  9. #9fendtman2010-08-17 08:42

    ag spec what is or how do you tell if it is a ag spec machine, know of any bargins out there.

  10. #10JCBiron2010-09-03 10:02

    The JCB 520 is an excellent little machine for the farm....as far as there being "way better machines" out there....JCB invented the compact telehandler, has been producing them longer than anyone, and is the #1 Telehandler manufacturer in the world.... Like JCBGm, however, I will try and keep my opinions to myself

  11. #11fendtman2010-09-05 17:11

    know of any very reasonable jcb 520 or equilvanet machines

  12. #12maquinariawiebe2011-01-11 15:48

    The company I work for sold one of these to a cattle farmer. He wanted to use it for moving bales around. compact, four-wheel drive, he says its great for the job. When we bought the machine to resell it, it didn't have the main control pump, one of the wheel ends was stripped of its parts and it was missing the crown and pinion. We agreed that we would pay half of the parts, he pay the other half. It was about $7500 USD for all the parts. Some original, some aftermarket. Kind of pricey, but considering what the machine was missing, the year of the machine and the fact that he really needed the forklift, its not that bad. I purchased the parts from ontrack Machinery and parts. Great Service, good prices!

  13. #13HSV1272011-01-13 05:20

    I owned a 520-40 2005 model, got it second hand with a farm I bought, it hadn't been very well looked after and had been overheated. I don't know about the one you're looking at but mine only had a coolant temperature light, which I think must have contributed to it being cooked so I fitted a gauge to better monitor temp. Other than that it was a very capable machine good for getting into small areas. My one had a 1 cubic meter bucket that it handled well.

  14. #14WAG2011-02-21 15:41

    I just bought a 520 to keep in my shop to load concrete forms and even have a old loader bucket adapted for it to load sand. Now we are doing brick work in Elizabeth NJ and its the best thing around a tight site. If anyone knows of any for sale yet me know. I'll trade my skids steers for one anyday.

  15. #15cherokee1012014-08-21 20:35

    JCB 520-50 Auxiliary Hydraulics You appear to be a JCB guy. I have a 210S and think it is a very tough unit. I've built a skid steer adapter for it. The aux hyd pump isn't very big though. Wich manufacturers would think about that and put a minimum of about 15 gpm on all tractors, loaders and other stuff you could hook hydraulic accessories up to. Anyway, I see the aux pump for the 520 is about 17 gpm? Would you see a problem using the machine to run a hydraulic motor driven brush cutter without over heating under normal circumstances? My focus is down to a 190t or a 520. The 520 just seems like it would be a much more versatile machine though with compromise of flotation and hill side stability. If it would handle the motor duty it I think it could be ideal for my needs / want tos. I know it has a torque converter so forwards and backwards would be on the shuttle shift. Would it stand up under moderate repetitive shuttle service such as cleaning around trees and back up to regrind cut material? I just have not needed many parts but what I have needed have not been hard to get from On Track. Thanks in advance.

  16. #16CDNDIESELMONKEY2014-08-21 20:55

    Since your in Michigan avoid the old ones with four banger perkins. They don't cold start well at all!

  17. #17cherokee1012014-08-21 21:09

    Thanks. Texas though and Oklahoma. I don't have start problems most days except with my Perkins Parma on a loader. It is a pig but it still runs!