Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 532 – tell me the good and bad

dirtfarmer · 2022-01-10 16:55

I have recently purchased a JCB 532 telehandler and would like any info on them you guys may have. Mine isn't running at the moment and I have come to the conclusion that the injector pump is bad. Is this a common thing for these? Where's the best place to get one? I'm in Ohio.

Replies7
  1. #1skata2022-01-10 23:46

    What year? Which model exactly? Does it have a jcb diesel? Engine model?

  2. #2dirtfarmer2022-01-11 07:48

    I believe it is a 2004 and it does have the JCB engine but I haven't found any tags on the engine yet to specify it. I'll give the numbers that I have from the assembly tag and maybe someone can shed some light on what I'm dealing with. VIN- SLP532GA4E1064352 Engine serial # U110928L

  3. #3skata2022-01-11 10:03

    How have you determined the injection pump is bad? But if you need a pump, go to ebay and search 'jcb injection pump' and quite a few will pop up. Search 'jcb 532 manual' and there's some selling service manuals or pdf copies for cheap.

  4. #4dirtfarmer2022-01-11 17:25

    Fuel going in the pump and none coming out the injector lines. I tried looking foe a service manual on Ebay but couldn't find my particular model. As for the PDF downloads, I'm not a fan. Would rather have paper. I also found out today that I do in fact have a Perkins engine....not the JCB.

  5. #5skata2022-01-11 23:18

    There's a fuel shutoff solenoid on the injection pump. Perhaps it's not getting power or is bad. You can buy them cheap on ebay too. The pdf manuals are a lot cheaper. Plus better detail. You could always print the manuals out at a print shop.

  6. #6rondig2022-01-13 23:43

    Just my opinion...and I am bias.....every jcb I ever owned gave me grief....but the cheap price kept suckering me in...took 5 different pieces till I finally learnt....hope u have better luck than me

  7. #7Txhayseed2022-01-14 23:10

    I like jcb equipment. Down side is dealer support, parts some times and those damn British parallel pipe hydraulic fittings. Other than that jcb forklifts have given me very few problems over the years.. Not the case here in the USA but every where else in the world jcb is the go to standard for equipment. I personally think they are great units. When your operating them all day the seem very refined. Controls are smooth, steering is smooth and the don't give you the same bump shake rattle and role as other units do. To me they always seem to be built and engineered with service and repair in mind. Easy to work on. The jcb diesel does seem to be the only sticky point. You can walk into any Napa or parts store and source 80% of parts for a Cummins etc. But not the case with those engines.. But since you got a Perkins you should have ready access to over the counter parts.