What engines would these machine have and is parts easy to come by they JCB? I found one on an auction that has a locked up motor and I don't know much about these. Do they have a serial number plate or us it just a stick this is all they show in the photos. It there a plate besides this because they say right in the description that they don't know for sure what the serial number is. The rest of the machine looks to be in decent shape it also says that the air cleaner is missing and the bottom half of the door is missing. I was looking in to it cause if I could get it reasonable enough and either repair or replace the engine I would be interested but I don't know enough about them. There is a salvage unit I found that might have an engine but since I don't have the full serial number how can I cross it?
jcb used to rivet an engraved plate on the machine. now they just slap a sticker on. that machine probably has a jcb built and branded engine. but with 12,000 hours, i'm sure that machine needs other things.
The windows should be engraved with the 7 digit serial number also on the side frame behind the cab i think depending on age its stamped in the chassis there. The engine should have its own serial plate on as well . These will either have a Perkins 4 cylinder or the jcb 444 engine in there is there a pic of the engine by chance.
i think you got a jcb 444 in there with perhaps a serial number of 1508?63 536-60 - 1508263 Add this machine to Your JCB Machines Serial No. 536-60 1422000-1441999, 1531316-1534999, 1508000-1534999 9812/7150
Thanks for the replies that is what I was looking for
did you win the auction? 12,600 seems high for a machine needing a motor. https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/construction-equipment/auctions/online/24615851/jcb-536-60-agri
I did buy it. I might have over spent idk guess I will find out
High compared to what. Paying $25,000 and the motor lets loose on that one the next day lol
The thing I was concerned about was another component failure because if the hours. If I go look at the cost of a running machine I think I got it reasonable. I don't know for sure what the cost of a new motor will be but I have seen and heard all the way from 6500-10,000 but don't know what the difference in engine setup on the different 444
from a quick search, i see several engines on ebay. from 6,500 to 16,000! keep us updated with what you find.
also, you can search for dismantled machines on machinery trader. https://www.machinerytrader.com/lis...ory/4/construction-equipment/manufacturer/jcb