Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jcb 714 haul truck?

earthscratcher ยท 2014-04-27 12:17

I have a bunch of shoreline work lined up,some to steep to get a dumptruck in and out,on these I have to rubber track skid steer erosion stone down to sight,just looking for something to get the job done without the high cost of rubber tracks.buddy has one and he claims its trouble free and a mountain goat? anybody operate one? if you were to get one would you go industrial tire or ag tire.?

Replies3
  1. #1eric122014-04-27 14:51

    Ive ran one for a little while and its nice, handles mud well, and easy to maneuver around small sites. but i can't say much for steep slopes, I didn't use it on any. another option is a hydrema which handles mud better and seems like a nice machine but I've never used one. the hydrema has lower ground pressure though so it might suit you better for the shoreline work. the one i used had industrial tires and it seemed fine with those.

  2. #2earthscratcher2014-04-27 16:59

    looked at the hydrema 912c love how the thing dumps at different angles hold 7 yds compares to 9 with the jcb. I could buy three used jcb for the price of a low hour hydrema but heard they are tougher and will just about climb trees.

  3. #3Turbo218352014-04-30 07:18

    That jcb will climb trees too. I did a job where we planned to run tracked dumps to get in and out due to the slope and the fact we were in a wetland. Last minute out rental supplier backed out on the tracked dumps we wanted, said they were all out. So we gave the 714 a shot, otherwise it was sit at the house and wait. It had industrial tires on it. The material we were running on on the hill side was blue clay and topsoil, so pretty greasy when wet. We didnt have to shut down at all. It had a few fit and finish issues in the cab imo, but other than that, it was a reliable capable machine for the duration of the project.