Hi all, I have a JCB 803Plus, year 2002. I cannot get the boom to shift sideways using the button on the joystick, it slews as normal on the slewring. Took the joystick apart and the microswitch is working as it should so I'm assuming the microswitch operates a solenoid to open a valve somewhere, my question is can anyone point me to where the solenoid might be on the machine. My other option is to try to trace the cabling to where it goes......easy option first.
Good day On the basis that there are only two solenoid valves I guess it must be those located in the very corner of the machine pump side, I cannot find any other mention in the information I have. Kind regards Uffex
Hi uffex, thanks for info, I will check it out later this week and report back.
Hi again, I have been chasing this problem this weekend. I did various checks and came to the conclusion that the solenoids beside the pump are for the following Bottom solenoid is controlled by the high speed tracking button Top solenoid seems to control all hydraulics to the boom, when I disconnect it the hydraulics for the boom and everything on it do nothing. I had the left hand joystick apart and found a double coil latching relay and 2 microswitches. The microswitches act on the relay and when the switch that controls the swing is pushed momentarily the relay operates a contact and locks in that position, operating momentarily the switch that controls the slew releases the previously operated contact set, disconnecting the swing circuit. I can see 12v from a lead that exits the swing contact set when it operates and then it returns to 0v when it releases so the buttons and the relay on the joystick are working. I cannot find where this lead from the contact set goes, I'm assuming there must be another solenoid somewhere.....any ideas ? Slew operation works normally, can't get it to swing.
Go on ebay and search "jcb 803 manual" and there are sellers selling original manuals, and others that will sell you a digital copy for cheap.
Hi guys, Problem fixed. I started tracing wiring and probing wires for continuity. Ended up cutting open the wiring loom from the joystick down through the left hand binnacle and found a wire that was broken inside the insulation, just looking at the wire it looked fine but the copper strands were broken, don't know why, no visible marks on the insulation or any of the wires around it, all working fine now.