Hi there, I'm new to this whole forum thing and think I made a mistake trying to ask a question on the end of someone else's thread....sorry Here goes again though.. I'm a bit of a JCB Perkins fan and have worked with and on a grey cab 3CX for years. I now have a white cab 814 super that is really a bit of a project and barely started when I first got her a month ago, fortunately the good old Perkins 6354 is something I can work on and get parts for. The problems I have that I need help with are the hydraulics, I've got hydraulic fluid leaking from the slew motor into the slew gearbox, not large quantity but obviously tries to pressurise the gearbox so have temp fitted a drain to the dipstick. Most of the solenoids are either dead, seized or both and I cannot for love nor money find replacements that are anything other than scrap. I've got a welded up, seized and slightly bent slide plus the usual leaking rams. Can anyone point me in the direction of a service manual, either PDF or paper, don't fancy taking the slew box apart without it I've tried buying downloads off loads of dodgy websites but can't actually find one anywhere Please get in touch if anyone can help Thanks
Please guys, am I doing something wrong, why doesn't anyone want to reply????
It takes time to get a response for an old JCB. For the small stuff, there's more help for Case, then Cat, then Deere then anything else it seems. For the solenoids, what have you searched to find a replacement? I'd be taking a bad one apart and trying to match it up visually and by ratings. JCB didn't make the solenoids (most likely?) and there are more of them out there somewhere.
Jerry, the 814 super is something of a lost cause on this site due to it being mainly a U.S. based Forum and the likes of JCB including B.S.P. pipe fittings are not a good topic to interest many comments of use, I did have some service books on the 800 range of excavators that I sold to a Farmer from Ross on Wye (end of the M50) you might do better in your hunt for help and parts within the U.K. there is plenty going on in Facebook that should be of great assistance to your further restoration of this excavator. Delmer, has commented on the fact that JCB CAT Deere etc make little to no electrical components, so this should encourage you to look possibly by internet search for comparable components. The Slide is often found welded in some way, the usual cause of issues hear is worn wedge plates that can be welded back to spe'c, the rams are simple with lock pins hiding under the fibre wear sleeves to lock the rod nuts in location, you can get the seal kits easily in the U.K. tctractors
Thanks Delmer, thought I'd done something wrong, saw other posts getting reply after reply while nothing happened with mine. The solenoids are rexroth (now part of Bosch) and are GU35s, these are completely sealed type held down by four set screws and I can't see how the coil could be separated without destroying the case which is the valve seal. There are quite a lot of these type of valves still available on the likes of eBay, but all I can find are 24v or higher when my machine is 12v. I guess I could change the entire valve assembly but was hoping to avoid that. Honestly the biggest problem I have is not being able to get hold of a manual and any advice on that would be really great Thanks again
Thanks tctractors for your advice, I ended up on this forum because there are previous posts on the 814 and manuals which made me think this would be a good try. I don't really know anything about Facebook, too old and not enough time on my hands, work in London as a heating engineer four days a week and then 3 days in Suffolk as a farmer/builder. I'd be really grateful for any pointers what I should search/look for Thanks again