Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jcb compact track loaders

Brandon327 ยท 2012-12-05 19:42

What is the good the bad and the ugly? What about the single lift arm? I like the door on the side. I have a dealer within 60 miles. I am trying to buy used just looking at all brands though. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Replies3
  1. #1Bobcatdan2012-12-05 20:24

    There was a thread not too long ago about this. Basically it came down to one fanboy talking them up and the other saying they were not. My experince with them, I service a paper mill that use skidsteers to to move recycled paper. They are very hard on machines and after 5 years thought their bobcat S175s were not holding up and having too many failures. They then bought a jcb, I think a 260. The jcb tech was there an average of three days a week fixing stuff. They broke the tilt cyclinder pin almost daily, new boom with in three months and lots of hydraulic leaks. Like I said, they are hard on things so an owner operater probably wouldn't have as many problems. In one years, it had over $25,000 of warranty work. They have since given up on the jcb, are selling it and keeping their old s175 as a back up. There demoing a couple different brands now to see what they like, hopfully, they will come back to bobcat. For full discloser, the S175 would average a new quicktach every month, new boom arms once a year and they tore a rear axle off it. They are hard on stuff.

  2. #2dave esterns2012-12-06 14:51

    well im prolly the fanboy we are talking about. after owning the new jcb 205 for 200 hours, my analysis is if you are just the owner buy a bobcat, if your the operator buy a jcb.

  3. #3dave esterns2012-12-06 15:13

    i think it makes a difference if you are new to skid loaders too. for someone just beginning to operate skid loaders, i would say go with jcb for sure. but there are a few things i have noticed i took for granted on the bobcat that i miss in the jcb.