1984 JCB 930 forklift will not charge battery,I did a replacement of the battery and checked the charging rate and has not move from 12.50 volts.i have full fielded the alt and it failed so I put a replacement on this morning with no change,the rebuilder said the original was faulty and if this one doesn't charge then try an additional external ground which I did but no change. I did find a Jcb tele with a similar problem to check the charging indicator circuit which checks the small brown/black tracer wire and I found I had 1.45 volts at the alt with key on and engine running,but 2.15 volts at the indicator lamp???. Without a wiring diagram, is one available? Or is something else on this circuit? Any ideas would be appreciated,thank you roger
Was sent a wiring diagram by Jcb and trying to locate diode in the supply line to the alt suppose to have 12 but only have 1.43 volts trying to locate any ideas ? Thks roger
Hi Roger Does the alternator warning light work on the dash? bulb not blown as it wont charge with out bulb working Also used to have problems with dash circuit boards as from memory a few would brake the circuit tracks on the back just used to solder a jumper wire over the bad section. If you still stuck send me serial no and i will look at parts pages/manual for you. jeff
Run a new wire. I wouldn't bother trying to chase the fault as it could be anywhere.
1984 jcb?