Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB HYDRADIG 110W wheeled excavator – loss of communication from lower ECU/engine ECU to upper system.

sepulchral · 2025-04-22 22:23

Purchased machine, it ran OK but kept cutting out every time i operated the swing gear. When it stalled out, engine remained running, but all readouts on dash changed to "???". I would have to shut off machine and start it up again.... after swinging a little bit further than normal, the machine faulted out and now will not restart. connections at batteries, starter, and isolator are good. what the hell.

Replies4
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-04-23 07:07

    Seems like the only luck you have with machines, is bad luck lately.

  2. #2sepulchral2025-04-23 08:36

    so get off your ass, come down to virginia and give me a hand!!

  3. #3HarleyHappy2025-04-23 12:25

    I have my own problems at the moment. Other than trying to get ready for my wife's 60th birthday Saturday and it’s supposed to pour, I just found a wallered out U-joint in the front hub of my backhoe. Never mind, if I look in my service manual and my parts book, they reference the earlier model Super E so no help there. Then while checking out the King pins to see if I needed to order those, I noticed when prying with a 6’ digger bar, the whole loader moving and hitting a tilt cylinder nut on the counter weight. When I bought the hoe, I noticed the uneven cutting edge wear and knew the frame was tweaked a bit. First thing I did, was all the pins and bushings in the loader bucket and that didn’t help. Last winter, I reversed the edge and the difference in grading drove me up the wall, so I lowered some air pressure on the right side. So I just noticed, the main loader pin that’s a welded boss on the side of the fuel tank, that I thought was a one piece 2” rod that went through the hydraulic tank, moves about 3/8”. not the bushings or the loader arm end, the damn 2” post for the loader arm. I had noticed on the last job that when dumping the bucket at a certain height, that it felt and sounded like the bucket getting held up and banging. It went away for awhile after greasing whole front. Now I find out the frame is so tweaked, the tilt supports, the end of the bolt and nut were wearing the top corner off the counterweight off. My parts book, is next to useless. FML!

  4. #4Gary Layton2025-04-23 17:21

    It's like a Zuni doll wiggled thru everything and mucked it up. Good luck.