Hello. I recently purchased a used jcb 520. It looks like there's a hydraulic fluid leak coming from the tank. It appears as if someone hit the tank and it shifted a little. What would be the best way to fix such a leak? I've been reading....some say welding, some say a 2-part compound that dries as hard as cement. Which would be considered the best method? I've never worked on heavy equipment before but I'm pretty good with my hands. Is it difficult to remove hydraulic lines that are connected to the tank?? Any tips or tricks will be greatly appreciated. My plan was to drain the tank, remove it, and have it welded.
Your plan sounds good
Thanks. I'm glad to hear I'm on the right track. Any tips on handling hydraulic hoses? I've read about some that are under pressure or are live loaded. If I drain the tank, those issues won't be a problem, correct? Any other tips on tackling such a project??
Loosen the breather to let the air out. Make sure the tank stays clean and make sure the hoses running to the pump inlet stay clean. Other than that, just time
Thanks again mikebramel. Appreciate the help.